Re: Klingon localization of GNOME

lör 2004-01-10 klockan 17.25 skrev Ramanan Selvaratnam:
> I might become highly unpopular but it must be said Star Trek is
> fictious TV series. The fan club of Star Trek does not seem to be the
> best language to support *officially* in a free software project.

Nevertheless, if someone is ready to work on support for Klingon, I
think we should be all for it and encouraging it all the way.
Not at least because translation usually has the nice side effect that a
translation into one particular language often spurs interest in
translation of other languages aswell, or in the case of more exotic
languages, even spurs the interest in the concept of translation itself.
Also, it's not like if we support Klingon we suddenly cannot support
other languages aswell... on the contrary.

Still, this entire discussion is purely hypothetical and probably not
very useful as long as noone has offered to translate GNOME into
Klingon, which noone so far has AFAIK.