Re: Typos in eog.schemas.in

On 2004-02-17(Tue) 22:44:09 +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> My opinion on breaking string freeze is as follows:
>
> - no changes to non-visible strings (schemas, atk descriptions etc)

It can be argued either way since they are non-critical, but I agree,
not changing them is better approach under string freeze.

> - approval needed for changing strings visible in the GUI (still not
> recommended to do so of course)

Yes, unless for misleading sentences, or even sentences with opposite
meaning originally. Otherwise, people would end up seeing mislead
translation, which is worse than correct untranslated English.

> - marking existing strings for translation is ok (this is probably the
> most controversial one to some)

If such strings are not marked:
- People will see untranslated strings in UI, and no translation team
  can fix it and have fully localized UI even though they are eager to.

If strings are marked:
- Those eager and hardworking enough can have UI fully localized in
  their language.
- Those who don't will stay the same (see untranslated strings in UI).

Latter situation is definitely better than former one. Unless.

Abel