Re: KhmerOS 1.0 - Khmer OpenSource Project

El vie, 21-11-2003 a las 04:27, Javier SOLA escribió:

> I am considering Mozilla because it includes web navigation, e-mail,
> chat and web editing in one single package. Maybe there is a better
> solution. I need to include web editing, chat and Instant messaging. Any
> ideas?

Gaim is a GREAT solution for IM and runs with last protocol changes of
Yahoo and MSN and many other networks, jabber included.

Xchat is so used as an IRC client (Gaim is supposed to do too but is not
so powerful).

The web editing tool is more complicated. There are some tools as screem
or bluefish but I'm not sure there are what a final user would expect to
use. In the other hand, you have Nvu (Nvu.com), which is a Lindows
promise of a WiChiWiChi web editor derived of the mozilla's one any time
soon.

I don't know other better alternative «more Gnome».

> I am also considering translating Evolution, so the e-mail capability
> may not be so important (except if the platform is used on Windows,
> which -I understand- would exclude Evolution).

I've heard something about an experimental port. Any way, Evo is more
powerful than Mozilla. Is a true killer app for workgroup :-)

> I  have looked around for an accounting package for small-medium size
> enterprises, but none appear in the Software map (only home accounting).
> Does anybody know one?

Recently has been announced[1] ContaLinex and Facturlinex. Other tools
are gnucash (a gnome app) but some people dislikes it. I've been heard
about SQL-Ledger as a good (web/python) applicaton.

[1] http://www.gnulinex.net/

> Most users will never know what OpenSource is and.... in Cambodia the
> concept of Free Software cannot be understood, as non-free software does
> not exist.

So, has Cambodian access to the Windows source code? :-DD

(Just kidding :-)

--
        A.Ismael Olea González

        mailto:ismael@olea.org  http://www.olea.org
        http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

        El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA