Re: Do some components use Pango?

tor 2003-11-20 klockan 03.59 skrev Javier SOLA:
> I am looking into the translation of some Gnome components to Khmer, and
> need to know if they use Pango for character rendering or they have
> their own support somewhere else.
>
> The components are:
>
> - Alsa
> - Totem
> - Firestarter
> - Gimp

AFAIK, all GTK+ 2 applications use Pango for rendering. You may try to
ask on gtk-i18n-list@gnome.org however, as you may get a more detailed
answer there.

And if you want to translate GNOME components, you should perhaps know
that none of the applications you listed above are part of GNOME... Alsa
and Gimp are not even GNOME applications, ie. to the best of my
knowledge they don't use any GNOME code or libraries at all.

If you want to translate GNOME components, you should translate what's
listed on
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/gd/developer-libs/ and http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/gd/desktop/ . As to what's most visible out of these applications, I tried to answer that in my mail in October: http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-October/msg00260.html