Re: Translating keyboard layout data

tis 2003-11-18 klockan 02.42 skrev Jody Goldberg:
> > > In fact, many GTP translators also translate in the TP, and some teams
> > > are completely or almost identical. So I don't think *that* will be a
> > > problem. :)
> >
> > Agree.
> >
> > > thing to do(tm) is to decide to place the module in the proper place and
> > > sort the other issues out seperately.
> > Absolutely agree.
> >
> > OK. So I am going applying to freedesktop.org folks asking to accept
> > xfree86_xkb_xml under their roof. Jody, is this ok with you - or not?
>
> My concern is that untranslated strings in this module are going to
> show up gnome-control-center.  Do the translation teams for
> freedesktop have the same sort of status indicators available as the
> GTP ?  We need to have decent coverage for 2.6.0.

Well, there are no translation teams specifically for freedesktop.org. I
was suggesting using freedesktop.org and using the Translation Project
(http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/) for the translation
purposes, just as we use it with shared-mime-info. And the status can
currently be tracked on the TP pages, and I don't think having the stats
displayed on the GTP status pages as well should be impossible.