Re: Translating keyboard layout data

> >From the description given, it to me really sounds like this module
> should belong on freedesktop.org CVS. There's nothing really
You are right. Nothing GNOME-specific
> GNOME-specific to this file/module other than that GNOME happens to use
> it in g-c-c, and it won't even be distributed in g-c-c tarballs. Also,
> it will most likely be useful to other desktops too and the goal is to
> get it included in XFree86 in the future. Sounds like the description of
> any other freedesktop.org software. ;-)
You got the point, dude:)

> For translations of software on freedesktop.org, I've always recommended
> using the Translation Project
> (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/). It's a translation
> project independant of any desktop project or CVS, so in that sense it's
Well, the question is whether these guys are as great as GTP. GTP
already shown its power, performance, quality etc etc. That is why Jody
and me wanted to use all these nice features of it.

In general I agree. Just the question whether freedesktop.org is going
to be happy to host this micro-module...

BTW, Christian, thanks for the support. I really don't like the idea of
putting this file into g-c-c and I am happy that your opinion is on my
side (especially taking the weight you have in i18n-related
discussions).

Sergey