Re: Translating keyboard layout data

sön 2003-11-16 klockan 03.16 skrev Sergey V. Oudaltsov:
> IMHO the least evil would be to create separate module (though I agree
> it really looks like overkill). Also, I hope one day this module will
> disappear from GNOME CVS and go into XFree CVS (once they are brave
> enough to introduce dependancy on intltool).

>From the description given, it to me really sounds like this module
should belong on freedesktop.org CVS. There's nothing really
GNOME-specific to this file/module other than that GNOME happens to use
it in g-c-c, and it won't even be distributed in g-c-c tarballs. Also,
it will most likely be useful to other desktops too and the goal is to
get it included in XFree86 in the future. Sounds like the description of
any other freedesktop.org software. ;-)

For translations of software on freedesktop.org, I've always recommended
using the Translation Project
(http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/). It's a translation
project independant of any desktop project or CVS, so in that sense it's
ideal for freedesktop.org translations. In fact, we already have two
pieces of software relevant to GNOME whose translations are handled by
the TP; scrollkeeper and shared-mime-data (see
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-November/msg00046.html).