Re: Is gnome-i18n module too fat?

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 04:18:22PM +0800 or thereabouts, R.I.P. Deaddog wrote:
> On 2003-05-19(Mon) 04:54:02 +0300, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
> > (Now this looks like a pointless jab but I'll answer it anyway)
> >
> > My point is that these files shouldn't be in cvs in the first place.
> > Compressing them is optimizing a situation thats wrong to begin with.
> >
> > Why not fix the problem once and for all? Lets make a versioned tarball
> > of these things. Publish it somewhere on ftp.gnome.org and clean the
> > baggage from cvs.
>
> To make it clear:
> Personally, I actually want them to be removed, since I don't use it at
> all, and do believe almost nobody uses it. However, these files still do
> have value, even just for reference. I can imagine I'll hear screams
> against removing them sometime soon, if I really do remove them from CVS.
>
> If anybody have access to ftp.gnome.org and can help uploading them once
> for all, I'd be more than glad. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and compress
> them. As malcolm said, this is a temporary measure.

Are these the files which show up on the web pages? If so, shouldn't
they be in the d.g.o. web module anyway? Are they there already?
Or does something get them from gnome-i18n and build them and
stick them on the web?

The reason I am not looking myself is that I have never understood
which of several modules forms which part of the web site :)

Telsa