Re: run dialog vs gnome_vfs_url_show

понедељак, 25. август 2003. 21:41:06 CEST — Jordi Mallach написа:

> I think that if the strings are going to be approved, they should be
> checked in without the problems you have pointed out. The teams that
> have already updated the strings are the most active teams. They
> should have hardly no problems to update again.

I just think it's wrong to assume that "most active teams" have some
time to waste (or, that it's ok for them, being most active, to waste
some time). Yes, it would not impact the Gnome project as a whole
(because those teams would update those strings again), but it's still
plain wrong to think of it that way.

OTOH, I agree that the strings should be as good as they can be, but
that brings us to the problem how this particular issue has been
carried out -- wrong from the start.

Of course, in the current situation, I *am* all for fixing those
strings and making them better (if they get approved first).

Perhaps we need to be more active in introducing developers with the
way to handle changes to strings while in string freeze. Does anyone
have any thoughts on improving this part of the problem?

Just my 2c.

Cheers,
Danilo