Re: Translation and Keyboard Accelerators

Damien Donlon <damien.donlon@ireland.sun.com> writes:

> It is funny you should say that :o) I was surprised by the number of
> existing translations our translators changed for some languages in the
> group 1 translations.

All translators are special ;)  It takes time to walk hand in hand.

> In some cases there are more changed translations than there are new
> ones!  It isn't necessarily a reflection on the quality of the
> existing translation though.  I suspect most of the changes are just
> for terminological consistency. When I put them in CVS you can have a
> look to see how valid those changes are.

Just in case I'd like to repeat translators may want to use msgcat
(from gettext 0.11.x) to concatenate two .po files of the same
language for human comparison.  Recent po-mode can call ediff on
translation variants; thus you can spot and edit differences quickly.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o