podiff

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Just in case I'd like to repeat translators may want to use msgcat
> (from gettext 0.11.x) to concatenate two .po files of the same
> language for human comparison.  Recent po-mode can call ediff on
> translation variants; thus you can spot and edit differences quickly.

Do you know of po-diffing functionality could be put into the regular
gettext software package somehow?

I don't use po-mode myself but in the Swedish team, we regularily use an
old, unmaintained and buggy perl hack that produces diffs that works on po
files, so that we can review changes to translations. I imagine it would
be useful for more than us if there was some sort of "msgdiff" utility
distributed with gettext itself.