Re: Translation and Keyboard Accelerators

В Срд, 29.05.2002, в 17:46, Damien Donlon написал:
> Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> >
> > El mié, 29-05-2002 a las 14:16, Damien Donlon - Sun Microsystems Ireland
> > - Solaris Software - Software Engineer escribió:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > > An issue which we need to investigate before merging back Sun
> > > translations for group 1 modules :
> > >
> > > Is there a general policy on translation of keyboard accelerators
> > > in Gnome or is policy on a per language basis e.g
> > >

> > I don't think so.
> >
> > > Is there an issue with :
> > >
> > > #: src/ggv-ui.xml.h:19
> > >         msgid "Show _Statusbar"
> > >         msgstr"Some translation(_T)"
> > >
> > >   or when  uppercase is changed to lowercase, eg
> > >
> > >         #: bonobo/ggv-control-ui.xml.h:5
> > >         #, fuzzy
> > >         msgid "Fit _Width"
> > >         msgstr"Some translation(_w)"
> > >

> > I think that you should use a new accelerator for the locale. If you can
> > use a letter like the english one is perfect if this letter changes,
> > don't worry use the best one for the locale you are translating. We do
> > it this way with Spanish translations, but we have a problem with that,
> > we need to check all translations to use the same accelerator for the
> > same translations, it's a pending task for our team :-(.

We now have
#: bonobo/ggv-control-ui.xml.h:5
msgid "Fit _Width"
msgstr"Russian _translation"

in our "accellerated" russian translations. And I don't think we will
use (_w) approach.

> OK - we will try to keep things as consistent as possible. Speaking
> of keeping things consistent - where do terminology glossaries go in CVS?
> We have a Russian glossary we also need to commit.

Thanks for the glossary. I'll take a look on it. You could find some
sort of glossary (more precisely it's a set o of keyboard accelerators
found in translated modules and it's russian translations) in
http://cvs.gnome.org.ru/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/translators/shortcuts

Regards,
Dmitry G. Mastrukov
Coordinator of GNOME2 translation into Russian