Re: Time to move GGV to the Attic?

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 17:09 +0200, Petr Tomasek wrote:

> > > Well the worst what evince does is actually not with postscript,
> > > but with djvu. It is a) many times slower than djview (since evince
> > > loads several pages at once while djview displays only what is needed)
> >
> > The reading non-visible pages shouldn't have a noticable effect on the
> > user, it should be doing that in the background.  File a bug.
>
> But it IS SLOW! Much slower than djview.
> (And: why should I file a bug against evince, if I'm not interrested
> in using it? The other tools - djview, ggv - are for me much better...)

Let's be really clear about this:

 Nobody Here Is Maintaining GGV

Understand? So you can:

 - Keep your ggv tarball, use it, love it, and stop posting to this
   list.

 - Volunteer to maintain ggv. Nobody is stopping you; we'll happily
   assign the bugzilla module to you and make sure you have access to
   the source code repository.

 - Work constructively to improve evince. (That means, filing bugs,
   testing it out, etc.)

Those are the *only* options.

						- Owen

(As far me, I love evince. Go evince!)