Re: Time to move GGV to the Attic?

> > On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:34 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> > > I agree. But I don't think that anyone is suggesting that evince is
> > > better than GGV because it is being actively developed. GGV is not being
> > > _maintained_, therefore no one is doing any source code modification,
> > > therefore it doesn't need an active source code repository.

Given the fact that the Gnome development environment (autotools, etc.)
is far from static, I think there is reason to keep even "stable"
components in CVS, where build fixes and bugfixes can easily be
applied.  This applies even if there is no "active" maintainer, provided
the module provides sufficient utility to Gnome to justify a place in
the repository.

While there is clearly a desire/intention to migrate fully to Evince
someday, it seems that there are still significant 'gaps' that ggv can
fill.  Archiving it means that support for building it is likely to fade
away, possibly quickly.

regards,

Bill