Re: Arlo, a little QA comment regarding your interview with linux .com

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le mer, 25 oct 2000 20:35:48, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia
> Romero a écrit :
>
> > And morally, I think we should go for opt in, please do
> > not use legal
> > (supposing they are worldwide) but dirty tactics. Do to
> > others what
> > you want others do to you (and do not take this as
> > religion advice,
> > but as social advice).
>
> Same should be said about the current boom of gnome
> splash-screens
> (nausilus+evolution1+evolution2+gimp+gnome-startup+...).
>
> I don't mind if tigert loves splash-screens *BUT* if every
> gnome app is going to have one or more of these
> splash-screen-lovers should poll their ressources to
> implement a capplet controlling all these before users quit
> screaming.
>
> I'm really disapointed by the utter disrepect of user
> feedback of all these organisations. People have been
> pleading on this list for less, not more splashs for months,
> but everyone seems more concerned of having more or bigger
> splash than others these days.

FYI, the "splash screen" in Nautilus is a rather different beast. The
only reason it was introduced was to make it obvious that the user is
dealing with prerelease, buggy software -- note the title "Caveat". I do
not expect Nautilus to have a splash screen when it is officially
released.

John