Re: Splash screens (Re: Arlo, a little QA...)

> Sometimes when launching things that are slow to come up I'm tempted
to do something else, and the
> splash screens can get in the way. OTOH, when apps that lack splash
screens launch
> unsuccessfully, I sometimes need to resort to ps to see whether
they're running.

I'd agree that some kind of visual reference is especially important
where an application's launch time is long, or there is a period of
apparant inactivity. If only to prevent the case of "oh, it did'nt work
- I'll just click it a few more times and curse louder".

Mike

--
Mike Newman, Weston-super-Mare, UK.
http://www.gtnorthern.demon.co.uk   |   mike gtnorthern demon co uk