Re: First UI component needing replacement.

Alan Shutko wrote:
> Ken Fox <kfox@vulpes.com> writes:
> > Why toggle? Why not just type a "." in the file name field and
> > have the system figure out that you want to see dot files? This
> > would fit in nicely with the auto-highlighting file list feature.
>
> Well, I could see an annoyance in having to hit '.' to see
> .directories, then clicking one and erasing the dot to see
> bookmarks.html.  But otherwise it would work.

Dialog pops up, but dot files are not displayed. I hit <.> and
the dot files are *added* to the display. I switch directories with
the mouse to ".netscape" and "bookmarks.html" is displayed. The
dot files are hidden again.

If I want a pure keyboard interface with auto-complete, I type

  <.>
  <n>
  <e>
  <control><space>		-- ".netscape"
  </>				-- cd .netscape and update file list
  <b>
  <control><space>		-- "bookmarks.html"
  <return>

- Ken