Re: First UI component needing replacement.

Alan Shutko wrote:
> There should be, otherwise I'm going to be paging through forty
> .directories in my home directory, and even more .files ...
> A file selector _must_ let me toggle whether or not to see them,
> just as ls does.

Why toggle? Why not just type a "." in the file name field and
have the system figure out that you want to see dot files? This
would fit in nicely with the auto-highlighting file list feature.

This isn't a bad physical design either. The file name field has
the keyboard focus so even if the user has a hand on the mouse, she
can use her other hand to press <.>. (We pay for finding/hitting
the <.> key, but we don't have to pay for re-acquiring the mouse
or changing focus.)

- Ken