Re: First UI component needing replacement.

How about a check-box that allow the user to decide whether the file-
dialog will "remember" that directory the next time it is used.  This
should be on a per application basis.  The default would probably be
"yes", so like in netscape my file-download location default to the
last directory chosen.
I realise this could be controlled by the application, but I would
actually like it to work _across_ invocations, and work for those
broken apps that do not remember where they were (such as Mozilla).

Also, can we have a "hotkey" for "All-files", (including hidden),

an "open folder" icon that shows what we have open, (I assume this
was just an oversight in your mock up)

A "split" bar, that lets us split the directory tree listing, and
scroll it independantly, to allow easier drag and drops (only the
top window would have its files browsed).

Also, I would like the wildcard typed in the file-name bar to not
go away when I change folders.

--
Dominic Amann, <http://www.interlog.com/~damann/>
	Linux Based Solutions Ltd.,