Re: [gnome-flashback] [gnome-panel] Pass --session-name from desktop files.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Philipp Kaluza <floss ghostroute eu> wrote:
What would you think about an _optional_ parameter to the wrapper
script, that is only used for non-default WMs, and whose session files
will only work with compliant (modern) DMs ?

If we make gnome-session-flashback script not pass --session twice if
it’s provided in the arguments, that will be helpful. I am not sure
how to do that in a shell script, though.

Ideally we would not ship a whole bunch of .session files either, but
pass it along somehow to something like Debian's gnome-wm script (which
we would need to ship).

Nice idea. Basically, our script reads $WINDOW_MANAGER, and if that
doesn't exist, falls back to the WM provided by the Debian
alternatives system (i.e. specified by user at package install time).