Re: [gnome-flashback] [gnome-panel] Pass --session-name from desktop files.

Am 08.12.2013 13:06, schrieb Dmitry Shachnev:
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Philipp Kaluza <floss ghostroute eu> wrote:
Alberts, could you _please_ add a link to the bug in your commit
messages, so people can find the relevant bugzilla discussions from the
commit message?
Actually it was my commit message, and I forgot about the bug link (I
usually add that). Sorry.

It is nicer if you already add that, agreed. But the committer is
ultimately responsible for a good commit message.

I think you may want to revert the Compiz/Mutter commits as well, as
they are broken now.

Forgot to push these out, sorry. Done now.

The only solution that comes to my mind is generating multiple
(wrapper script, xsession desktop file, gnome-session desktop file)
sets from .in files, adding different WM names.

I reopened the bug for now.

What would you think about an _optional_ parameter to the wrapper
script, that is only used for non-default WMs, and whose session files
will only work with compliant (modern) DMs ?

Ideally we would not ship a whole bunch of .session files either, but
pass it along somehow to something like Debian's gnome-wm script (which
we would need to ship).

_But_, as we still don't have the capacity to support all this under the
Gnome Flashback label, I'm still not convinced it's worth going through
all that trouble... Somebody just testing gnome-panel et al. with other
WMs should be able to tweak a few files locally...

Thoughts ?

Cheers
  Philipp

--