Re: [gnome-flashback] [gnome-panel] Pass --session-name from desktop files.

In short, I don't think this should ever have passed the bugzilla review
- there was a reason Jeremy Bicha and myself both independently
introduced a wrapper script, and that reason is that it is needed - not
all display managers can pass on parameters in this way. (If memory
serves, GDM3 is one that cannot, and is most certainly a target DM for us.)

In short, you are saying something you have not checked, right?

Seems gdm 3.8  has no problems passing parameters. Checked on ubuntu with gdm 3.8.4 version. Sessions with parameters loads just fine (tested gnome session [gnome-session --session=gnome] and flashback session [/usr/libexec/gnome-session-flashback --session=gnome-flashback-compiz]). So as our target DM has no problems. That means that wrapper script can be dropped?

Also what is creating .xsession-errors-flashback file? Should not log files be auto created if needed? Your script will never log anything to .xsession-errors-flashback, because file does not exist. This makes this script even less useful.

And next thing - why should we care about display managers which does not support exec line with parameters? From Desktop Entry specification:
The Exec key must contain a command line. A command line consists of an executable program optionally followed by one or more arguments.
So it is completely valid to use parameters. If display manager does not support it, it is dm's problem not ours. Don't you agree?