Re: Request regarding Evolution user document

On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 15:13 +0530, Akhil Laddha wrote:
> Hi all,
>         Evolution user document has not been updated after Evolution
> 2.28 release. It surely demands some love from the gnome-doc team for
> the milestone GNOME 3.0
>
> I know it is a tight schedule for the doc-team and you guys already have
> your plates filled with the other modules. I can provide the description
> for the new features and also the screenshots, but since we have missed
> a major release update, it needs some professional expertise to fix it.
>
> Looking forward for your response.

Hi Akhil,

The GNOME documentation team would be happy to handle
the Evolution help. We mostly focus on topic-oriented
help, rather than the old monolithic manual style of
documentation.

I think topic-oriented help would work very well for
Evolution, but I'm doubtful as to whether we can do
that in the 3.0 timeframe without more resources of
some help from Novell.

It's not that I don't think it's important. It's just
that we're getting deep into the release cycle, and
we have our hands pretty full the new desktop help.

If there will be anybody at GUADEC interested in this,
they should come to the documentation workshop:

http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2010/BOFs/Documentation

I'd love to run a planning session for Evolution.

Thanks,
Shaun