Re: Request regarding Evolution user document

Hey Shaun,

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 14:13 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 15:13 +0530, Akhil Laddha wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         Evolution user document has not been updated after Evolution
> > 2.28 release. It surely demands some love from the gnome-doc team for
> > the milestone GNOME 3.0
> >
> > I know it is a tight schedule for the doc-team and you guys already have
> > your plates filled with the other modules. I can provide the description
> > for the new features and also the screenshots, but since we have missed
> > a major release update, it needs some professional expertise to fix it.
> >
> > Looking forward for your response.
>
> Hi Akhil,
>
> The GNOME documentation team would be happy to handle
> the Evolution help. We mostly focus on topic-oriented
> help, rather than the old monolithic manual style of
> documentation.

Good to hear.
So will it be possible to add topic oriented help for newly added
features (after Evolution 2.30.0) without modifying complete user doc ?

I can list down the changes in a bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org if you
want and then you can decide what will be the best possible solution for
upcoming 3.0 release and i will surely give my full support where ever
required.

> I think topic-oriented help would work very well for
> Evolution, but I'm doubtful as to whether we can do
> that in the 3.0 timeframe without more resources of
> some help from Novell.
>
> It's not that I don't think it's important. It's just
> that we're getting deep into the release cycle, and
> we have our hands pretty full the new desktop help.
>
> If there will be anybody at GUADEC interested in this,
> they should come to the documentation workshop:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2010/BOFs/Documentation
>
> I'd love to run a planning session for Evolution.

Great, i am coming to GUADEC and i have added my self to the attendee
list on above url.

Thanks,
Akhil