Re: Tinderbox

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 02:46:25AM -0800, Chris Lyttle wrote:
[...]
> I dont know if this is a complete waste of time. I only know this cause
> I noticed it while using v-b-s. It would IMHO be a good thing if SK
> supported having the docs installed as a user without write access to
> the main SK db. I could never get this to work properly, even changing
> the main SK db to write access for my user didnt work.

v-b-s has a long standing bug that I mean to fix: it should also include
a version of scrollkeeper in the sandbox. I keep forgetting because I
have a couple(!) manually installed, so everything just works for me.
Tinderbox should be doing the same.

One thing that scrollkeeper does not do yet is merge different
databases. And then you extend that to the next step of merging
databases between machines for distributed documentation.But there are
other priorities before that happens.

Anyway, this has wandered way off topic.

Malcolm

--
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.