XML API documentation

I would like to convert the API docs build for libgnome and libgnomeui
over to use the XML output features in gtk-doc, rather than the current
SGML stuff (it still ultimately outputs HTML, so noticable difference in
the installed files).

This avoids a couple of problems, including a dependency on openjade and
the fact that the old SGML DTDs don't like PNG images. It introduces
another dependency on libxml2 and libxslt (hardly a big deal).

Can anybody think of a good reason why I shouldn't do this?

Further, should we just bite the bullet and do this for all API
documentation for GNOME 2.2?

Thoughts welcome,
Malcolm

--
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your
principles.