Re: libxslt speed (was Re: jrb help: XML & HTML)

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:54:12PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 10:41:35AM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > Would it be possible to write this parsed DTD to disk?  Emacs psgml does
> > this, although it only works on a per-document basis, which wouldn't
> > help us that much.
>
>   Hum, ....
>
> there is a private API
> static void
> xmlDtdDumpOutput(xmlOutputBufferPtr buf, xmlDtdPtr dtd, const char *encoding);
> which allows this, this is not exported. The main probalem as always
> is that if someone change something in the internal subset, the DTD might not
> be correct anymore, but the risk is relatively small for our documents.

This is a clever idea, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. The
parsing time (if you use catalogs and load the DTD from the local
disk, which we do) is less than 0.1 sec. If we're trying to shave
every ounce off of the frame for performance, maybe, but the real time
is spent actually applying the stylesheet, not in parsing the doc or
the stylesheet.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck