Re: jrb help: XML & HTML

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 12:27:40AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> ons 2001-09-05 klockan 18.55 skrev David Merrill:
>
> Hi!
>
> > I expect I'll have something usable well within the 2.0 timeframe,
> > although it certainly won't be as far along as the standard help
> > browser. Still, it will allow a user to get to the help using lynx. In
> > fact, it *already* lets the user get to the scrollkeeper database with
> > lynx. Not bad for a day's hacking, huh? ;-) Especially since I've
> > never coded python before.
>
> Nice work. Is the code available somewhere? I'm going to have a
> designmeeting with two other guys at work on monday/tuesday starting to
> design/brainstorm about a generic helpsystem (as I've described in other
> letters). This project would not be GNOME-specific (as imho such a
> project shouldn't be).

Well, of course it is available, but I guess I should put it in cvs
somewhere. The question is where. Should it be part of scrollkeeper or
a freestanding package? I could put it in the LDP cvs, or host it at
SourceForge or Savannah. I don't think it belongs in Gnome since it
isn't part of Gnome.

I'll send you the code separately for now to look at, although it's
broken atm while I'm working on the document processing end of it.
There's really not much to see. It's amazing how little code it took
to make it work.

Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org
Washington DC Protests http://www.lupercalia.net/dmca