Re: stylesheets

"Rebecca J. Walter" <rjp mail tele dk> writes:

> Can I ask a stupid question?
> Why not switch out of the hack DTD to the standard now that the standard
> allows PNG?
>
> I work the gimp docs and we just use docbook 4.1 dtd since it allows
> png.

Great question, not stupid.

We would have to change many docs first of all - second, the tools
haven't suitably supported DB XML yet(most XSL tools are in Java and,
well you probably know Java and Linux stories). This will change now
that Daniel Veillard is creating libxsl to work with libxml. Remember,
we want to use XML+XSL in the end and to go one more step in between
now and then is one more time we have to reeducate many volunteers.

However, this has been my opinion of the situation, of course the
group can change the plan and work on a path that leads us to DB
XML+XSL in a different manner.

Cheers,

Dave
--