Re: stylesheets

David Merrill <david lupercalia net> writes:

> Now that the tools are moving from sgml to xml, we need to talk
> about how we can all work together toward a common standard. It
> would be a shame to diverge unnecessarily.

The question is, and I am just playing 'devil's advocate' - what is
wrong with divergence in this situation. I think the real standard
should be in the manner in which documents are displayed - the tools
are the problem.

If KDE wants all their documents to have an off-white background with
a KDE logo in the upper right-hand corner, I would like to preserve
that if viewed in the GNOME help system. Don't you think that is more
important that all of us having the exact same look?

Cheers,

Dave
--

David Mason