Re: stylesheets

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 10:51:48AM -0500, David Mason wrote:
> David Merrill <david lupercalia net> writes:
>

> > Now that the tools are moving from sgml to xml, we need to talk
> > about how we can all work together toward a common standard. It
> > would be a shame to diverge unnecessarily.
>
> The question is, and I am just playing 'devil's advocate' - what is
> wrong with divergence in this situation. I think the real standard
> should be in the manner in which documents are displayed - the tools
> are the problem.
>
> If KDE wants all their documents to have an off-white background with
> a KDE logo in the upper right-hand corner, I would like to preserve
> that if viewed in the GNOME help system. Don't you think that is more
> important that all of us having the exact same look?

What I am concerned about is interoperability, not uniformity of
appearance. Also I want to avoid duplicating work. A perfect example
is the hack that allows png images. We can all benefit from that.

Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Old programmers never die, they just hit account block limit.