Re: stylesheets

David Merrill <david lupercalia net> writes:

> I am now on the gdp list as well as the ldp and the kdp lists. I am
> going to be looking at how the gdp works and how the ldp might work
> together with you toward solving documentation issues.
>
> One thing I noticed right off the bat is that you are using your own
> modified version of the docbook stylesheets. The ldp does that as
> well, and it seems you are solving the same issues in pretty much the
> same ways. I am not a stylesheet expert, so I could be wrong, but I
> think we could work together on a common stylesheet.
>
> Would you be interested in approaching this as a joint project?

One thing to apply to this is that the GDP plans on moving to XML
using XSL in the near future - this may not be the case for the other
projects.

I have a feeling we will be able to do more with XSL in the long run
and it may be more than just a matter of simply applying style - so
the possibilities of the projects diverging are greater. Having said
that, we have always communicated well as we are bound by the common
thread of being writers so it is certainly a possibility.

Cheers,

Dave
--

David Mason