customizing menu items?

I've been making progress on bonobication of Vim, and have a questions
about menu items.

The GTK version of Vim displays "accelerators" next to the menu items.
eg:
   Open          :e
   Save          :w
   Save as...  :sav
   Exit         :qa
   Redo          ^R

These are not "true" accelerators, because they are handled by vim
directly, not caught by GTK.

In the bonobo version, I can't use the "accel" attribute, because I
don't actually want these keypresses caught.  I'd like to simply display
the shortcuts right-justified within the menus.  Is there any way to
achieve this?

cheers,
--
Jason D. Hildebrand