Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com>, Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik sun com>, Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>, Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>, Ramiro Estrugo <ramiro fateware com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gconf-list gnome org, gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.
- Date: 18 Jun 2001 17:51:02 -0400
> The idea we just went randomly breaking stuff because we could
> is nonsense. When we could keep the interface the same we did.
> The number of interfaces we are going to _remove_ from GTK+
> can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
I am talking about GNOME 2.0, not Gtk+ 2.0, please re-read my quote.
I did not say `randomly', I am pointing out that there is a lot of
broken stuff *anyways*, for example, every single application that
used Imlib needs to stop using it and use GdkPixbuf instead.
] [Thread Prev