Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.

> > Yes, GConf was first. But what is wrong when someone tries to make things
> > a little better. For example we can use CORBA_any now - so there is no
> > longer any reason to use GConfValue.
> >

>  -> we already released that API and have to support it

We are talking GNOME 2.0 here.  And we have broken more APIs for this
release that I can list in the next couple of hours (speaking of Gtk+
only here).

Few applications use GConf and it would take little effort to migrate
them to a better system.  The only limitation to do such migration
would be pride.