Re: oafd compatibility for GNOME 1 and GNOME 2?

On 18 Jun 2001, Peter Williams wrote:

> 	2. Make GNOME 2.x oafinfos start with this:
>
> 		<oaf_info platform="gnome2">
> 	3. Have OAF 2 return only oafinfos with platform=gnome2 by
> default
> 	4. ...unless the query looks like "... && $platform = 'gnome1'"
>
> Then oaf1 will be able to activate GNOME2 components, which as martin
> said, is important. (However, as you said, due to incompatibilities the
> situation might not be so simple.

There is no need to really do a special $var hack - you can just create a
"gnome_version" attribute that is set to 2, and query on that...

-- Elliot
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel like
I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat before
sundown, I'll go crazy!  But then I just take a deep breath and forget
about it.  That's what is known as real maturity.	-- Snoopy