Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.

> Can I point out that Bonobo didn't exist when I wrote this code TWO
> YEARS AGO? Or I suppose there was a thing called Bonobo but it was
> hardly anything usable I think everyone here agrees.

You can point that out.  Gdk-Pixbuf did not exist 2 years ago, so we
used Imlib, now we have switched to a better designed, cleaner image
library.

Following that example, we should not be tied to legacy and broken
code, when a better version exists.

> Anyway, since GConf was first and bonobo-config was second, I believe
> the REinvention was bonobo-config, and the invention was GConf. Thanks
> very much. ;-)

That is correct, it is a reinvention that learned from past mistakes.
Just like gdk-pixbuf is over imlib.

Love,
Miguel.