Re: More namespacing woe ...

> What details? As I have already mentioned gnome-vfs uses "tar:" where
> the moniker in bonobo uses "untar:". Similarly for "gzip:"
> vs. "gunzip:". As far as I can tell, both use a syntax like
>
> file://host/some/path/file.tar#tar:/path/inside/archive

I asked you to provide a detailed description.  If the spelling for
the `gzip:' token is different or the arguments are different that the
monikers it will not help to have them unified.

now, to achieve unification, I requested you to post a detailed and
precise description of how those work on the vfs land.  Once that is
done, we can make sure our ::parseDisplayName methods in the monikers
work the same way.

> Of course, this is the kind of basic thing I'd hope people would get
> right on the first try without the need for detailed explanations,
> much as we might hope that people can be trusted to avoid namespace
> collisions...

blah blah blah.

Are you interested in fixing the issue or you are just interested in
bitching?  If you are interested in solving the problem, post a
detailed description.  Otherwise, help us reduce the noise in the
channel.

Miguel.