Re: file moniker patch

> That's nice, but you haven't addressed the technical issue of the fact
> that gnome_mime_* is a deprecated API. What should be used instead, if
> not the gnome_vfs_mime_* API? I don't remember you or anyone else
> obecting when John Sullivan proposed moving this functionality to
> gnome-vfs many months ago.

You guys needed extensions that were binary incompatible, that is why
I could not raise any exception.  You guys did not know what you
wanted: you wanted to experiment with it, hence it did not belong in
gnome-libs for the time being.

> How about proposing a good solution instead of saying what you don't
> want to do.

I am not proposing a solution, I am pointing out that we should not
have a gnome-vfs dependency in Bonobo for such a trivial hack
(trivial, because it is not even in the core)

Miguel.