Re: More namespacing woe ...

Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com> writes:

> > Dude, given that we can't even manage to match moniker protocol names
> > with those for gnome-vfs modules, I wouldn't go praising our level of
> > communication.
>
> We are still waiting for that post of yours with the details.

What details? As I have already mentioned gnome-vfs uses "tar:" where
the moniker in bonobo uses "untar:". Similarly for "gzip:"
vs. "gunzip:". As far as I can tell, both use a syntax like

file://host/some/path/file.tar#tar:/path/inside/archive

for chaining. (This syntax actually sucks since it collides with URI
reference fragment identifiers, leading to possibly ambiguous parsing,
but it's all we've got. I can't tell if these are the only mismatches.

Of course, this is the kind of basic thing I'd hope people would get
right on the first try without the need for detailed explanations,
much as we might hope that people can be trusted to avoid namespace
collisions...

 - Maciej