Re: 1000 bugreports in one day, every day

On 6/3/06, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Le samedi 03 juin 2006 à 12:03 -0600, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> On 6/3/06, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 08:46:16AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > > While 1000 bugs per day would be nice for my bugzilla points (most of
> > > the bugs should be duplicates for crashers), there's no way for us to
> > > manually deal with this number of bugs.
> >
> > I agree, so what are our options?
> <snip>
>
> Another thing we could do (on a much smaller scale than your other
> suggestions but potentially useful already to the big modules) is to
> finally make unconfirmed/confirmed actually be useful.  Add a
> preference for whether people (mainly developers) receive email for
> unconfirmed bugs (overridden if they are the reporter or on cc).

(It doesn't work for crazy people like me: I want to see all the
changes ;-))

It likely won't work in general, either; no one has 'I must confirm
this in order for the maintainer to see it' as part of their mental
model. You'd have to do a lot more auto-confirmation for that to work,
I think, or else you'll just make unconfirmed an even worse, neglected
ghetto than it already is. Might be worth it, but don't underestimate
the pain.