Re: 1000 bugreports in one day, every day

On 6/3/06, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 08:46:16AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> While 1000 bugs per day would be nice for my bugzilla points (most of
> the bugs should be duplicates for crashers), there's no way for us to
> manually deal with this number of bugs.

I agree, so what are our options?
<snip>

Another thing we could do (on a much smaller scale than your other
suggestions but potentially useful already to the big modules) is to
finally make unconfirmed/confirmed actually be useful.  Add a
preference for whether people (mainly developers) receive email for
unconfirmed bugs (overridden if they are the reporter or on cc).  Then
maintainers don't have to be deluged with all the new emails and
follow-ups from the bugsquad.  We could also give out canconfirm
permissions more widely (automatic after receiving 5 points or
something like that?).