Re: 1000 bugreports in one day, every day

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 08:46:16 +0200, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

This will remove a lot of the reasons I can think of why we are not
getting a 1000 bugreports a day.
there's no way for us to manually deal with this number of bugs.
exactly. we really need some reliable automatic duplicate detection in that case.
we could use simple-dup-finder for a start.

I do not like that crashers are filed in Bugzilla. I rather have that
done (optionally) anonymously using some system that shows top crashers.
One bugzilla entry for all crasher dups would be preferrable. perhaps bug-buddy's xml-rpc
could use an advanced simple-dup-finder on the server and avoid dups.

The system should also add the debug information in some way (Fer has
some thoughts on this). That would be far better then having all these
dupes.
that would be awesome. however I strongly believe this entails some work since
this needs to be distro-specific, I assume.