Re: Bugzilla keywords [and bug day]

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 14:47, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 18:21, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 21:44, John Fleck wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > I would expect that without a full-time Louie-like person, it may well
> > > devolve to a team, with individuals responsible for each package. I'll
> > > analogize to the docs team, which has[1] one person assigned the herding
> > > responsibility for each package. In the bug-squad case, that person
> > > would work with the maintainer's blessing in trying to make those
> > > decisions, then help communicate uphill toward the release team about
> > > the status. Would it be reasonable post-Louie to formalize some sort of
> > > system along these lines?
>
> When we get to it, someone will have to represent the bug squad. If
> things work right though, their job will just be sending weekly
> shorterlinks to the release team and making loud noises on
> desktop-devel.

<nod> I may be able to do that for a while yet. I'm already being asked
to work on non-GNOME2.2 projects within Ximian, though, so the days of
me being full-time GNOME are even shorter than I thought.

> > This is definitely what I feel we have to do.
> >
> > Docs team has this:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/doctable--.html
> >
> > Andrew has proposed something like this:
> > http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-bugsquad/2002-August/msg00023.html
> >

> This was put together very quickly and I had some thoughts that I posted
> later in the thread.

<nod> I intended that to point to the start of the thread; hopefully
I'll have a mockup that is representative of the 'complete' thread
sometime tonight.