Re: Bugzilla keywords [and bug day]

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 21:30, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 15:12, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> > Is the GNOME2.1.x for general use by the bugsquad to mark all bugs that
> > are specific to 2.1.x, or is it a "luis-only" keyword? For that matter,
> > it would be useful to clarify on the keyword page which keywords are
> > "bugsquad-only", "luis-only" and for general use. (When I started
> > triaging several months ago, I set "triaged" on several bugs before Luis
> > stopped me.)
>
> General use! Very much so. Think of it as a version field, until we have
> a real version field :) Like the 'GNOME2' keyword, sort of. :) Or at
> least that's how I'd like to think of it- maybe that's not very sane?
> Feedback always good :)

Hmm. Ambiguity:

1. "This bug is related to the GNOME-2 platform and cannot be fixed in a
2.0.x release. It might be fixed in a 2.1.x or 2.2.x release." (This is
the analogy of the GNOME2 keyword).

2. "This bug is related to the GNOME-2 platform and _should_ be fixed by
or in the 2.2.x series.

I've been looking at the open gedit bugs and ran into this problem - I
still don't know what the keyword means :-)

--
Andrew