Re: Status for the release

On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 10:04 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 09:57:41AM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Instead we should focus on this release on:
> >
> > * Try to figure out a way to show the difference between off and
> >   hibernated in the collection view.
>
> My feeling for that one is that we could show some kind of generic "off"
> thumbnail (ideally the OS logo, but the trademark issues get in the way...)
> when the VM is off instead of trying to show a thumbnail which will be
> useless (either black or shutdown screen). Hibernated machines
> would get the usual thumbnail

Or even worse, show some thumbnail that makes it seem like the box is in
the middle of running but its actually turned off.

We should be able to use OS logos for some things and a generic icon for
others. The name itself should be enough for most cases anyway. I like
this approach. Its fairly natural and should be pretty easy to implement
too.