Re: Status for the release

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 14:55 +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> > It certainly makes a lot more sense to have this in the properties page.
> > In fact thats where i went looking for it.
>
> We alreay have context-specific menu entries: fullscreen, properties.
> To me "force shutdown" is not a "under the hood" action or a property,
> rather something that should be available immediately when using a
> Box, somewhere close to the topbar. But I'll let designer sort out
> this issue, as I don't have stronger arguments.

I don't have an opinion as to how "under the hood" the action is, but
the app menu just doesn't seem to be made for actions that affect i.e.
whats currently selected in one of the apps windows, but rather toplevel
things like: About, help, open new window, quit app, perferences.

However, I see that in this mockup:
https://raw.github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/boxes/boxes-menu.png
the "properties" menu item is there, which seems to be a similar kind of
context-sensitive operation as "force shutdown", so I'm also not sure
what the deal is.

So, whats the right place? App menu, toolbar, or propertied page. I
guess we need to designers to fight it out!