Re: help with data on webkit accessibility

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 15:49 -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> 3. Shaun said that he wouldn't migrate Yelp to WebKitGtk until the
> accessibility issues had been addressed. (Thanks Shaun!!)

I should also mention that the Yelp 3.0 work is tied pretty
heavily to WebKit.  It would be a pretty major job to switch
the 3.0 branch to Gecko.  So if WebKitGtk isn't accessible
in time for 3.0, my fallback plan might have to be shipping
Yelp 2.30 with Gnome 3.0.  And that would be a shame.

Is there some way I can help?  I don't have a whole lot of
extra time, but this is important.

> So the question now is where do we go from here? Do I spend my time
> hacking something together in Orca which only kinda sorta works to
> address the fact that Debian and Ubuntu have decided to do their own
> thing? Or do I spend my time trying to work on the WebKitGtk side of
> things? I'm sure my tone conveys my opinion. ;-) However, if the
> community consensus is that I should try to get *something* working on
> the Orca side of things, I will do my very best.

How important is it that Debian or Ubuntu are accessible?
Can our team really afford to chase every accessibility
issue that gets introduced by distros?  Can't we advise
people to use a distro that has better accessibility out
of the box?  The beauty of freedom is that people have
that choice.

--
Shaun