Re: Forming an Accessibility Steering Committee

At 9:35 AM -0500 12/20/07, Willie Walker wrote:
The top level page, http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility, will be our
face to the world.  It should be relatively short, clear, and easy to
navigate by our target visitors.  Much of this information is already
available; we just need to organize it and bring it up to date.  Here's
a potential skeletal outline, though it's not short and probably not clear:

   [Logo] -- we really need a good logo.
   o "A11y 101" (what is a11y?)

 <snip>

I'd propose that the 'doings' of the steering committee be held at
http://live.gnome.orca/Accessibility/SteeringCommittee.  It will contain
our charter (which we need to create), a member list, and meeting
agendas/minutes. Representation of the other work of the committee
probably should find its way into the rest of the WIKI.

Hello,

I am following this thread with interest and would also like the work of the committee to be open.

Concerning the skeletal outline, should there not also be a point where users can post their feedback? I am not talking about bugs, but rather about missing features, new ideas...

The main page of GNOME Live http://live.gnome.org/ and/or http://live.gnome.org/TeamWorkspaces should probably have links to the accessibility page.

Francesco Fumanti