Re: possible repost gnome panel failing, new installation of ubuntu 6.06

Hit the F5 key and whatever other keys you need to hit right after the computer does the post beep when it boots up. The reason for this is that ubuntu uses an executable called startup.exe to do its startup and the only thing in autorun.inf is startup.exe so it's going to come up very fast. Once you do that gnopernicus will talk if you hit the down arrow three times and then hit enter twice after you hit the F5. The gnome sound theme will play and then you wait and gnopernicus comes up talking and you wait for the CD to stop spinning. Then you go from there.